ENVIRONET Archives

November 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:02:57 +0200
Hardly worth reading that, Dave. Firstly, it is a political tirade, not
a word of science in it. Secondly, he confuses climate and weather ("the
science of meteorology" and not climatology). Thirdly, he underrates
himself self-mockingly ("a mere TV weatherman"). Fourthly, he challenges
"a Nobel Prize, Academy Award and Emmy Award winning former Vice
President of United States."; which is the wisest thing he has to say,
although he forgot to mention the Prince of Asturias Award. I challenge
that person, too!!! :-)

He does not once mention the IPCC Reports or offers any first-hand
counter-claim. All he says it that everyone is out of step but him.

It is a bunch of unsubstantiated words of little value! IOW, an opinion.

Even if he is right, which I doubt, cutting down drastically on fossil
fuels will be better for everyone's health and will leave a little more
for future generations.

Brian