ENVIRONET Archives

March 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Harvey Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:12:41 -0800
EMBEDDED SYSTEM CONFERENCE, San Jose CA
Keynote Speaker: Al Gore

THE DEMOCRATIZATION OF TECHNOLOGY
Tuesday, April 3 · 11:00am – 12:00pm
Civic Auditorium

I will be there to call Mr. Gore's attention to the negative contributions
of lead-free solder to
. constructive innovation, by diversion of so much engineering talent to
fixing a non-problem
. global warming, by unnecessarily increasing mining by about 15%
. waste generation, by shortening product life due to unreliable solder
joints among many issues

On the back of my IEEE/CPMT card, I shall write "Please check out
<www.rohsusa.com>"

Also I shall give Al Gore a copy of "Industrial Ecology" by Graedel and
Allenby.  The book introduces the concept of system and life-cycle
risk-reward analysis to evaluate environmental slogans BEFORE enacting
them into law.

Join me!  We'll make it a delegation.
(I'll have a press badge from ChipScale Review, if needed for access.)

Harvey Miller
650-630-1192