ENVIRONET Archives

February 2005

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:53:23 -0600
Hi JoeFj, Brian, David, Chuck, IPC LF Listservers,

HEY A Good Discussion, with facts and links added, NEAT!!!

I really should spend more time reading your notes then replying, since the
quality is quite good, yet let me add only a few interesting thoughts, and
then I will read your links and notes later.

1}Despots won't solve this, just like Fat-Capitalist Democracies
(Republics) can't, just like full democracies can't.

 As humans it is hard to see beyond our yesterday, i.e. our past, and
leadership in any system creates it's own tunnel vision.

2)I hope more are reading this mini-list than we think and will add in
their own way.

3)The US EPA released a report just the other day, (I was surprised since
Bush/Cheney particularly, and Blair exist with their lies and tend to
squash opposition reports), which predicted the water in the Boston area
will rise 2 feet. This may not be so bad since in Boston in another century
of engineering they built buildings on wooden pile drivings that need to be
water washed to prevent decay. HEY just a positive on all those places
built on swamps a century ago.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
Y i Engr, MA/NY DDave