ENVIRONET Archives

May 2002

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Gerald H Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 16:06:26 -0400
Your scrap boards can be classified as reclaimable scrap metal and can be
collected by one of numerous scrap dealers that specifically deal with
printed circuit manufactures.

Your router / drilling materials are a little different. I'm not familiar
with your operation or collection equipment, but  I can tell you what we
have done.  If you have a Spencer type vacuum system that not only collects
all drill / router scrap, but also separates it by size into two sections,
you should consider running a TCLP for the large chunk stuff.  Our has to
be treated as Hazardous waste, and that side of the collector is a 90 day
storage area.  The fine dust tested non-hazardous for us and we trash it.

Gerry