ENVIRONET Archives

May 2009

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 1 May 2009 10:28:28 EDT
An opportunity to make a statement, if interested.

Global  Opinion Survey on Japan's GHG Emission Reduction Targets for 2020

Please  tell us what you  think!

In  preparation for the Copenhagen meeting (COP15) of the UN Framework
Convention  on Climate Change at the end of 2009, Japan is currently
engaged in debate  about the country's medium-term greenhouse gas
emission reduction targets  (for the period 2013 to 2020).

After considering public opinion and  various other views,
Prime Minister Taro Aso will decide on the medium-term  targets this June.
While environmental NGOs are calling for major emission  reductions,
industry is making a strong appeal for targets that will not lead  to big
reductions. A large gap in their positions persists.

Japan  that will set its own national medium-term targets, but we at
Japan for  Sustainability (JFS) would like to ask people around the world
for their  comments, and then share our findings with Prime Minister Aso
and the media  here. Please take a few moments of your time to review the
background and  options being debated (below), then tell us what you
think.
http://www.japanfs.org/en/pages/028987.html

Please reply by the end  of the day, May 16, 2009.
If you have any questions about this survey,
please write to [log in to unmask]

We will post our findings on the  JFS website at the end of May.
We very much appreciate your help!

Junko Edahiro
Chief Executive
Japan for  Sustainability
http://www.japanfs.org/en/

**************Join ChristianMingle.comŽ FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
your area. Start now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221673648x1201419171/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html%3Fcat%3Dadbuy%26
src%3Dplatforma%26adid%3Dfooter:050109%26newurl%3Dreg_path.html)