ENVIRONET Archives

January 2004

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Chuck Dolci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:57:52 -0800
Brian:

Thank you for that very informative note, but trust me, I do understand the difference between
climate and weather. However, you missed the point about the posting. Whenever we have a few hot
days somewhere in the middle of summer everybody comes out of the woodwork hailing that as
undeniable evidence of anthropogenic global warming. You can talk about Norway and Scotland possibly
cooling down in the future if there is "global warming" but the Northeast of the US is not Norway or
Scotland and this is now, not some time in the future, and they are in the grip of a prolonged cold
spell which they have not seen for many, many decades (or ever).

The self proclaimed "climate change experts" have come out and said "some places will be warmer and
some places will be cooler and some places will be wetter and some place will be drier" but they
never say where or when. That way they can never be wrong and can gloat no matter what happens and
claim that they were right. Just like fortune cookies and astrologers.

The problem with this "climate change" argument is that climate has always changed, it has never
been constant. No one can say what the proper climate for Norway or Scotland or East Sandusky, Ohio
is "supposed to be".

I do not claim that a few really cold days in parts of the US in the dead of winter is indicative of
anything, I merely posted the news article as a counter-point to all the nonsense that is dragged
out every time there is a hot summer day.

Chuck Dolci

--
Charles F. Dolci
Director - Business Continuity and EH&S Programs