ENVIRONET Archives

March 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:40:36 -0600
Hi Gordon, Brian, Joe, EnviroNetrs'

Another note on the Stern Report and more importantly the US Media/Politics
response to Global Warming which includes the WSJ.  BTW, I remembered the
following after my last post.

In one of Jack Welch's regular articles in Business Week, Jack agreed with me
that US politics is confusing, to him and others, the truth on this topic. Even
so, based on Jack readings he advised action on the business front to lessen
the effect on business. Jack is the former CEO of GE and also a CEO of the
Decade according to business circles.  I agree yet the important point of our
agreement was that Jack sees US Politics at foot as a confuser.

One link that hopefully works is:

http://www.businessweek.com/mediacenter/podcasts/welchway/welchway_02
_19_07.htm

Sorry, yet it seems that Business Week's web site prevents me from giving you
the direct link to the print article in February.

A link that does seem to work for, a BrianE like, negative commentary on Jack
and Suzzie sitting on the fence is at:  {{Brian No harm to you intended, since
I, you, Gordon, Joe, Werner, all do the same analysis}}

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_12/c4026024.htm?
chan=search

<======Clipping
<The Welches Need To Face Facts About Global Warming

Back in the day, Jack Welch would annually evaluate his managers, fire the
bottom 10%, and lavish praise and bonuses on the performers. But now in "The
global warming wager" (The Welch Way, Feb. 26) he has flipped the other way
and seems intent on firing the overwhelming consensus of scientists and
promoting the 1% of deniers.

Jack, this debate is over, and the scientists have won. There is no other side,
there is no on the other hand, there is no more time for fence-sitting and
prevarication. It is real, it is worsening, we are causing it, and the later we
change course the worse it will be
<=======End of Clipping

Yours in Engineering, Dave