ENVIRONET Archives

January 2002

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Karsten Schischke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EnviroNet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:37:50 +0100
Hi, Charles,
just one remark to your comments: Take care of a northern-hemisphere point
of view. As it's all about global temperature the mean temperature of
November and December should be as high as the rest of the year. As the
earth comes closest to the sun also in the end of the year (hard to believe
for inhabitants of the northern hemisphere) I assume the global mean
temperature should even slightly increase each November / December.
Oh, and a second remark: I think there is no recorded worldwide data before
the 1860s / 1870s, thus, you can't make quantified statistical year-by-year
statements for the time before.

Karsten Schischke