ENVIRONET Archives

March 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:12:11 -0600
Hi Chuck, Brian, Gordon, Joe, EnviroNetrs,

Thanks for your mutual discussion last year, with links, to the Stern Report
and the media's criticisms. I like the WSJ which Chuck gave us, yet I think
those two old ladies who kept this paper vital and unique are now dead. When
one used to finish one of the WSJ columns years ago on a global or national
issue you would leave with your brain scratching for an answer since they
were so DARN balanced that you became confused by the complexity of the
topic at hand. It seems like that old WSJ is now lost so my guess it that they
are both dead or very old.

I thought The Stern Report was very interesting when it was released since it
moved the key individuals in all of our 1st World societies to think about money
and the future economic effects of reduced production and consumerism.
Today far beyond science, money rules with politics and power next. Us,
engineers world wide, get lost someplace down line of money and power.

<===== Ref ---->
 The beginning of this discussion by Brian, I hope can be found at the
 following URL. Remember you will have to move this to get rid of any spaces.

 I will know after I post if this link works. If it doesn't please use the IPC
 Search facility with the words "Stern Report"

http://listserv.ipc.org/scripts/wa.exe?
A2=ind0611&L=ENVIRONET&D=0&X=448C9874FAAD742F53&Y=delman01%
40aol.com&P=173
<==============

In watching one of my favorite, yet quite confrontational US political
commentary programs "The MacLauglin Report"  http://www.mclaughlin.com/ .
I was shocked by the GOP pundits on the panel. Tony B is with the
Washington Times which one of you listed as a link. In general I do like both
GOP people since they create a balance to Eleanor from NewsWeek.

So anyway, independent of Brian's comment, I have to support Brian's position
that it seems like the US GOP has taken a position against Global Warming as a
matter of politics.  As a registered member of the GOP  I DO NOT like it and
know their position has NO Value.  Republicans used to go with the truth and
money management, yet not anymore.

YiEngr, MA/NY DDave
Yours in Engineering, Dave