ENVIRONET Archives

February 2005

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:35:43 -0700
Charles,

The panels I am getting are "advertised" at 167 watts per square meter.

I have a rather large back yard and that is where three arrays will be
installed.
One array will be on my roof (I already have a solar hot water panel up
there).

The DC is being converted to AC with a "solid state" inverter. These
inverters track the phase angle of the main electric grid.

 There will be a "two way" meter installed as well as "cut out" if the
main electric grid goes down.

The rating for this area is about 7 hours a day for 350 days a year
(average). Between the solar hot water heater and the 6kw PV system plus
putting energy efficient lights I should  be close to not paying for
electricity again.

The power company is paying $3,000 per kw for the first 3kw and the
state is giving a $1,000 credit on taxes for the PV system. For the
solar hot water system the "kick back" is $750 from each.

David A. Douthit
Manager
LoCan LLC