ENVIRONET Archives

March 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Harvey Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:18:50 -0800
Gordon

I hadn't thought of raising an issue so off-topic from the floor.  Your
cautions nevertheless do suggest need for preparatory measures.

I will contact his advance people seeking an interview for a story in
ChipScale Review and will genuinely make reporting his talk my main
charter.  But lead-free fits his topic, off line.  I believe that its main
cost to society has been the waste of so many talented engineers' time
trying so hard in a futile effort to make lead-free solder "work". No-one
can measure the huge opportunity cost of this tragic episode.

Harvey Miller