ENVIRONET Archives

March 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 15:27:47 +0200
I didn't say the oil companies funded them. I said it was a possibility.
Please don't read into my words what isn't there. Why don't they publish
in the report who their main contributors were?

At least we know who funds the IPCC, as it is intergovernmental. And no
government really has any vested interest in acting on it, have they?
It's a stick they break over their own back.

The summary report was written and wordsmithed largely by scientists.
There is even at least one Nobel Prize winner in the list of authors,
one of the leading atmospheric scientists in the world.  Next month's
report is scientific and written/peer reviewed by >1500 scientists
around the world with no government intervention. And it will be fully
referenced. The ISPM should have waited for the full data before
criticising it on the base of a 20-page synopsis.

Brian