ENVIRONET Archives

June 2008

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:46:46 +0300
You probably know what I think about politicians, especially ex-VPs who
do just that. I hardly think that the circus involving presidential
elections in some nameless countries where it takes a year of gassing to
the sovereign people, before even being nominated as a candidate, then
meeting to be nominated as a candidate, then electioneering in every
hamlet that promises $$$$ to the candidates, then going to the polls to
elect a representative who may or may not vote as you wish in an
electoral college, then argue the toss through the courts because a chad
wasn't punched properly etc., etc., etc. and finally move into a big
house the following January. Of course, I'm talking about Zimbabwe.

In Europe, there is a feeling that the "captains of industry and
commerce" are being remunerated with truly obscene salaries. I think the
same should be said about some politicians. To bring it home to your
roost, how much abject poverty caused by the sub-prime mortgages could
have been avoided had the money raised by the dozen or so presidential
candidates been spent on relief for those in need?

However, I'm going OT!

Brian