ENVIRONET Archives

March 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 18:19:36 +0200
Steve

The effect of the changes in the sun's irradiance and the tolerance of
the estimation are given in the last bullet on p. 3 of the IPCC Summary
report. As you can see, it is small, compared with the figures for the
changes in CO2, CH4 and NOx levels. In any case, this is one of the many
variables that the IPCC have incorporated in all their models. The basic
mistake that many make is that they think the IPCC blame everything on
CO2. This is simply not true. They discuss changes of radiative forcing
from literally many tens of causes, even down to space weather, cosmic
rays, changes in albedo due to urban building, estimates in changes of
cloud coverage reflecting sunlight, the effect of soot and dust on
snowfields, glaciers etc. and many other things that you would never
dream of.

Brian