ENVIRONET Archives

June 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 01:20:31 -0500
Hi Gordon, Brian, EnviroNetrs'

Thanks for both write ups.

This reminds me of a personal experience from years ago that was Over-
illumination.

To cut to the chase rather than being long winded
Two rather than four light bulbs were used in the ceiling fixtures across our
huge facility to save energy during that OLD now energy crisis. No one noticed
a difference as inside light was still plentiful. So Anyway, I was working in this
one re-partioned area and the night crew mistakenly put in 4 bulbs rather than
2 in all the ceiling fixtures in this enclosed area. The light was so intense I
couldn't work at my desk and made emergency maintenance calls to have the
2 extra bulbs removed.

YiEngr, MA/NY DDave