ENVIRONET Archives

March 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 01:31:49 -0600
Hi Brian, Chuck, Joe, , , IPC EnviroNetrs,

Brian Once Again Thanks,

Some thoughts based on this pdf file from the UK.

Just a few thoughts since this presentation is well done and
 I add little value in comparison to their great value.

0>HumanKind
 I have never thought that people would view the science of global
 climate change in terms of the knowledge they have learned hearing
 about this week's or week-end's weather prediction from the TV,
 Radio or Government Weather person.

0>Brian, If one pauses for a spell, this knowledge is all a bit
  exciting. Once upon a life man didn't believe that the horse would
  be replaced and then came the bicycle. Man never thought that we
  could go to the sky and be part of it, yet Orville and Wilbur,
  and a tad of Hughes creating an airline industry that proved
  otherwise.

  SO, How many would have really known back in our youth (50's) or
  maybe the (40's) that we as a scientific community could predict
  the temperature of Tera, that is the Earth, near the Troposphere
  and the rising of Poseiden, i.e. sea levels. This is amazing.

7>Page 7 is great since it describes the variability we should
  expect to witness

9>I could have done without the turmoiled sea effect on page 9
  Yet I can see the UK Met Office was being creative.

12> The Snows of Kilmanjaro -- Neat

In Summary I would hope the USA's NOAA (http://www.noaa.gov/
has done or will do as excellent a presentation at the UK's Met
Office. As I clicked on http://www.noaa.gov/ I can see they
are on the Global Warming task at hand. Cheers NOAA

YiEngr, MA/NY DDave
Yours in Engineering, Dave