ENVIRONET Archives

November 2005

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Charles Dolci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Charles Dolci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:31:43 -0800
Brian:

I would like to see this in perspective. Does your source tell how many
tonnes of CO2 are produced by living creatures exhaling? How much is
produced by the beer  and ale industries?  BY the soft drink industry?
15 billion is a big number, but then this is a big earth.
Also, there have been a lot of changes since 1990. Particularly in China
and India, whose economies are booming and their use of fossil fuels is
skyrocketing. Yet they are exempt from Kyoto - so how much CO2 is being
emitted today?

Chuck