ENVIRONET Archives

August 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Pratap Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Pratap Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:20:26 -0500
Brian,

CONGRATULATIONS! Recognition well deserved. Keep on trucking irrespective of
what naysayer's on this forum say.

Have a wonderful day.

pratap singh

Tel/Fax: 512-255-6820; Cell: 512-663-8903

email: [log in to unmask]

In mid September, we have the 20th anniversary of the signing of the Montreal Protocol. Some of you know that I have been very active in doing my bit to protect the ozone layer, especially with respect to the electronics industry. There will be a special Meeting of the Parties to commemorate the event and take stock of what has been done to make the Protocol a success - and the weaknesses. The United Nations Environment Programme is organising a number of events, including an awards-giving ceremony, in the same way as they did for the 10th Anniversary, From this link you can see that the awardees were top people in the field. I learnt yesterday that I have been selected for one of the 20th Anniversary Awards. On top of that, I have also been selected to receive a US EPA "Best of the Best" Award, given to previous awardees of their Ozone Protection Awards. I feel proud at receiving these awards and also humbled that both the UN and the US Administration should consider me worthy of such high honours. Please excuse me for my arrogant boasting! Brian