ENVIRONET Archives

March 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:11:10 -0600
Hi Gordon, EnviroNetr's,

A fun and true piece you wrote. Well at least it rang true to me.

<--- The bottom excerpt --->
<Of course, we know the activists will remain busy. Even if climate
change loses its currency they have not yet achieved their goal of
ridding the biosphere of toxic substances. I can hardly wait to see what
they come up with. Maybe they will try to convince governments to phase
out the use of copper>

As King Solomon wrote, or is reputed to have written, "stuff" continues and
the next generation forgets and then repeats the errors or glory and soon
forgets all over again.

The best we as engineering people can do is to understand and then to attack
and solve the current problem if it is real not imaginary. And then strive to
communicate, communicate, educate, communicate to keep the message alive
for the spell we call our lives.

Cheers, Gordon: You to Brian, Joe

YiEngr, MA/NY DDave
Yours in Engineering, Dave