ENVIRONET Archives

December 2005

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, David Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:33:04 -0700
Brian,

I currently have a 5 KW solar power system attached to my house.
I also have a solar hot water system (these two systems are very
effective out here in the Arizona desert!).
I have also converted 90% of the incandescent bulbs in my home to
fluorescent types (80% reduction in wattage).

The net result is a 70% reduction in my power bill!

I am also attempting to put together a deal for an all electric
powered car. It appears I will be forced to buy a kit and convert
a VW or another small car type. The big auto makers are killing all
electric cars manufacturers in the US as fast as they start making them!
The Hy-bred/Hydrogen concept for transportation is a terrible trap!

If anyone wants more information try  - http://peakoil.com/  or for
the strong of heart - http://dieoff.com/

David A. Douthit
Manager