ENVIRONET Archives

April 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Harvey Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 06:01:48 -0700
Chuck and all

The debate was very constructive and the case for global warming
non-CRISIS is very good.  I think that Crichton and others argue that
global warming is a problem and that human contribution to it is a factor,
but that relative costs, relative to addressing other problems, should
determine actions taken.

I think that in our generally admitted ignorance-- and all sides recognize
that-- it is a good argument. Till the fog of indeterminate causation is
penetrated we can defer the most expensive and drastic steps.  We can all
agree on need for alternative energy sources and the need to reduce
energy-intensive activities, like tin mining to make lead-free solder.

Harvey Miller