ENVIRONET Archives

January 2002

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:15:21 -0600
Hi Brian! Just one more tidbit of thought - I recently watched a Discovery
channel program on the 3 Gorges Dam project and there is significant
concern on  what would/could/should happen if an earthquake shifts the
fault line which is the base of the Gorge itself. We may get to witness
(unfortunately)  if the margin of safety used by the construction engineers
is adequate for the potential impact of a natural phenomena.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>@ipc.org> on 01/21/2002 10:26:44 AM

Please respond to EnviroNet <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  EnviroNet <[log in to unmask]>