ENVIRONET Archives

April 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
stephengregory5849 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, stephengregory5849 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 14:33:34 -0500
Being an ex-sailor, I know I've mentioned Admiral Hyman Rickover before. This coming May 14th, will be the 50th anniversary of his speech; "Energy Resources and Our Future" given at a Banquet of the Annual Scientific Assembly of the Minnesota State Medical Association in St. Paul, Minnesota.

If you've never read this, it will suprise you how much insight Admiral Rickover had 50 years ago concerning fossil fuels. While he doesn't mention global warming, he does (I think), correctly predict the day soon will be coming that we won't have the energy that can sustain us using fossil fuels. Alternative energy other than burning fossil fuels must be developed if for no other reason than that it's going to run out, and a lot sooner than many realize...

http://www.energybulletin.net/23151.html

If you want read how the GAO sees the situation, you can read their report just published this past February:

http://bartlett.house.gov/uploadedfiles/GAOCrudeOil.pdf

-Steve Gregory-