ENVIRONET Archives

December 2005

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:02:48 -0500
Brian,

I agree, in principal, with your credo.  I see flaws based upon the
human greed factor. The "haves" will insist that their life, as it
currently is, is good and the "have nots" see no hope of things
changing.  What you are suggesting is a major paradigm shift, one that
will only be adopted, I believe, too late to be effective.  It is human
nature!

How many innovative ideas have been bought or squashed by the major
energy producers, e.g., Mobil-Exxon.  And the guys who "hold" the rights
to the remaining oil reserves, if we stop using oil they might not make
the billions they are now.

I see many of these beliefs in effect on a small scale in my region, but
being in New England and thinking about our northern neighbors I have
concerns about our winters and heating methods.

If we go to a "central mass transit" system we will be forced to
relocate closer to our places of employment (for those of us who can't
electronically commute) or suffer two and three hour commutes one way as
our industries have spread out rather than being all clumped together in
a central location.

I sound negative, but I think you are leading the charge and now we need
to convince everyone to follow you.  Even if we don't make it all the
way to your goal all the changes will be improvements for our heirs.

My 0.5 rubles.

Phil Nutting