ENVIRONET Archives

May 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
"Davy, Gordon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Davy, Gordon
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 11:46:42 -0400
A colleague whom I respect has just emailed me an invitation to
screenings next week in Washington DC of a film Mine Your Own Business.
The first screening will be with the House Natural Resources Committee.

I have not seen the film, but according to the invitation, Mine Your Own
Business looks at the negative impacts of environmentalism. It presents
the views of some of the world's poorest people, who openly discuss how
western environmentalists are campaigning to keep them in poverty,
because they want to "preserve" poor countries' "quaint" and
"indigenous" way of life. It is the first documentary to ask hard
questions of the environmental movement. (It isn't difficult to detect
elitism in environmental activists.)

To view the trailer and for more information on the film and the Moving
Picture Institute, which produced it, visit: www.mineyourownbusiness.org
<http://www.mineyourownbusiness.org/>   or www.thempi.org
<http://www.thempi.org/> . Reservations are requested for each
screening.