ENVIRONET Archives

February 2005

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:57:54 +0200
Yes, I agree, it could get fugly because of energy costs and it will be
worse in the USA than in Europe, where we have a buffer of the $-€
exchange rate (I metaphorically go on my knees every night to pray that
all major energies will remain priced in $). Notwithstanding, it will
still require some brave, new, politicians who will start assuming that
voters have more than self-interest at heart. I think, if I were 50
years younger (with my current knowledge), I would start a new worldwide
political movement called "Honest Energy" :-p

Brian