ENVIRONET Archives

April 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 00:55:34 -0500
Hi Joe, Brian, EnviroNetrs,

If CNN is right, I like the report already and it is going to create controversy
and mucho opportunities for nay sayers both scientists, politicans, and
journalists. Nay sayers making money off the deal in the short term, yet money
just the same. The only hope is that tick by tick predictions come true.

It is nearly impossible for us as humans in our everyday world to imagine that
1.8 average global degrees can lead to any devastation anyplace. As an
example of common thinking and experience, I walk from my kitchen to my
study and I experience a greater temperature change than 1.8 (about 3 to 6
in my case), so how can 1.8 create devastation would be a question in my
average mind. And Joe, we have wider swings of temperature between winter
and summer than 1.8.

SO, How the public will be convinced to do something and vote that
something, will be interesting.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave

P.S. My argument for Global Warming, that I have written before, is quite
simply mathematical equation writing.  2.2 Billion people existed on this planet
when I was young. Those people have advanced in stature a bit more beyond
animals than their ancestors and consume resources and generate energy. In
addition we are now, in 2007, far beyond 2.2 Billion humans. As far as I know
nothing has balanced the equation in the demoninator to offset human
population growth. SO We have to be warming the room or bed we are sitting
in by pure mathematics.