ENVIRONET Archives

June 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:37:47 +0300
Chuck

You present a black and white picture by ignoring conservation and
nuclear fuels. And why should everyone except the USA cut their defence
spending. If all the money that had been poured into (and still is) the
futile Iraq conflict by all the nations, for no real purpose other than
to foment more hatred, had, instead, been poured into energy
development, then the problem would already be three-quarters solved.

And, yes, we have a solution today, not tomorrow, nuclear fission. This
is expandable, safe and cost-effective, with modern technology. And we
have low-emission cars today, not tomorrow. Do YOU have one? If not, why
not? What do you run? (Before you ask, I have a Honda Civic Hybrid). Is
your house equipped with energy-saving light bulbs throughout and Class
A appliances? (Before you ask, mine has the CFL bulbs everywhere, except
for 1 single 40 W tungsten bulb for mechanical reasons, and we are
slowly replacing end-of-life appliances to Class A). If everyone did
these simple things, there would be neither energy nor fuel crisis.

The Stern report clearly shows that there need by no economical crisis,
quite the opposite, as jobs would be created implementing the new
technologies.

Brian