ENVIRONET Archives

March 2008

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:31:33 +0200
I've just started a monumental task. You know Wikipedia, don't you?
Well, I've started an Environmental & Energy Wiki along similar lines,
but still very much in beta stage. Currently, there are 60-odd articles
established and another ~30 in a "to do" list, being added to on an
almost daily basis. Obviously, there are hundreds of other titles to
add. The 60-odd established articles vary from a bare template, through
a simple definition, to an almost complete article.

I'm looking for volunteers who can do any one or more of the following:
1) check the software is working
2) make suggestions for improvements to the working of the wiki
3) check the contents of articles for errors (minor or major)
4) edit the articles, adding relevant data and references
5) use the discussion pages
6) fill in from the "to do" list
7) suggest new articles
8) write new articles from scratch
9) etc.

Initially, I aim to have a publishable wiki in the 3-6 month time frame
with the articles in at least a light qualitative state. An in-depth
quantitative state can then be added to as we gain a bit of momentum. I
wish it to be devoid of any commercial content so am not seeking
sponsors or advertisers and I certainly want the articles to be as
impartial as possible. Volunteers cannot therefore be paid! :( However,
you are all busy people and I know you cannot waste a lot of time, but
even an occasional few minutes would be gratefully received.

If you  are interested in helping, please send me an e-mail off-list and
I'll point you in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Brian