ENVIRONET Archives

August 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:56:44 EDT
The link below is to a blog by Marc Morano,  Communications Director for the
Senate Environment and Public Works Committee  (EPW) Chairman, U.S. Senator
James Inhofe ((R., Okla.) It has been picked  up and published by some
newsletters.

It appears that this topic may be fast  becoming much more of a battle of
"sound bites" for public  consumption.

Reminds me of a phase forced to memory  in my high school Latin class many
years ago 'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?'  (Who will watch  the watchers?) I
guess it now holds true for both camps in the  building war of words.

No matter who is right in the end  (which I may never live to see the
results), unless one makes a  living selling energy (or represents an oil
state...;-), in the big  picture, conserving energy, whenever possible, does no harm
either  way.

Joe

_http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecor
d_id=84e9e44a-802a-23ad-493a-b35d0842fed8_