ENVIRONET Archives

August 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Harvey Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:39:20 -0700
To all

Too many political agendas get in the way of a search for objectivity
about Global Warming existance, causes,and remedies.
Since I don't have time to begin to do the digging as basis for a complete
opinion, I'll pick a mentor.

Dr. Nathan Lewis, Professor of Chemistry  at Cal Tech, is not an elitist
nor an agitator, has absolutely no right wing or libertarian or other
political agenda.
Google him, read his stuff--- you will be impressed with the scholarship
he brings to the subject. You too may pick him as your mentor on this
difficult subject.

So Ill paraphrase some of his thinking w/o permission.
'We don't know the mix of human and non-human causes, but GW is a looming
threat and we have to do what we can to mitigate it.  Fossil fuels will
continue to dominate for a long time to come, dictated by availability and
need. Solar is coming, sooner the better.'

Harvey Miller

_http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecor