ENVIRONET Archives

November 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:49:11 -0600
Hi guys, Brian, Joe,

Haven't been here in awhile on IPC due to a move and activities before and
surrounding the move. I won't recover for quite some time.

Just yesterday on a Republican web blog I came across the following article
that is posted across the blog space that supports the AnnC RushL, O'Reilly
banter called news.

<Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming Scam
This article is written by John Coleman, founder of The Weather Channel.

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended
by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with
environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to
create an allusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same
environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden
the “research” to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming
claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to
keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up
with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this
wild “scientific” scenario of the civilization threatening environmental
consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda.
Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and
become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party,
the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed
but very gullible environmentally conscientious citizens. Only one reporter at
ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15
minute documentary segment.

I do not oppose environmentalism. I do not oppose the political positions of
either party. However, Global Warming, i.e. Climate Change, is not about
environmentalism or politics. It is not a religion. It is not something
you “believe in.” It is science; the science of meteorology. This is my field of
life-long expertise. And I am telling you Global Warming is a non-event, a
manufactured crisis and a total scam. I say this knowing you probably won’t
believe a me, a mere TV weatherman, challenging a Nobel Prize, Academy
Award and Emmy Award winning former Vice President of United States. So be
it.

I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous
scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There
is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not
catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media
glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter
arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.

In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious. As the
temperature rises, polar ice cap melting, coastal flooding and super storm
pattern all fail to occur as predicted everyone will come to realize we have
been duped. The sky is not falling. And, natural cycles and drifts in climate are
as much if not more responsible for any climate changes underway. I strongly
believe that the next twenty years are equally as likely to see a cooling trend
as they are to see a warming trend.  See John’s full blog story here.>

So I went a looking and it seems that the correct information is still in the
right authoritative places, even though blog and Bush blog land is still saying
with renewed rigor that they can do anything they wish to the globe and they
are cool or is that hot.

http://www.weather.com/encyclopedia/global/index.html

http://climate.weather.com/blog/9_14035.html#readcomments

http://www.ametsoc.org/POLICY/2007climatechange.html