EMBEDDEDNET Archives

May 2004

EmbeddedNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Richard Snogren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D-37 Sub-Committee Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Richard Snogren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 10:28:57 -0600
Rick,

This is something that I am interested in doing.  I have been involved in
building circuit boards since the late 60s.  I think I've done it all, from
starting up 4 companies, 2 of my own and 2 on a contract for someone else.
I've worked in electronics for major aerospace firms on the other side of
PCB manufacturing early in my career so I understand both sides of the
fence.

For the last four years, since selling my last company to Coretec, I have
been a technical resource for Coretec's sales staff and customers, and a
marketeer of embedded passives.  I also teach an all day PCB DFM workshop
which covers the basic materials you are referring to.

My passion for the embedded passive work I've been doing has not been so
much from the theoretical side of integrating passives as it has been from
the design for manufacturing side.  We have to be able to build the design.

I could go on and on.  If you need more, let me know.  I also understand
your Grisham comment.  In the early 60s, while employed by TRW Systs, I
wrote/published a book entitled "Handbook of Surface Preparation for
Adhesion".  I estimated that I made about 7.5 cents per hour for the effort,
not counting my wife's labors typing the manuscript.

Let me know if I can help.

Sincerely,

Richard Snogren