EMBEDDEDNET Archives

March 2006

EmbeddedNet@IPC.ORG

From:
John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D-50 Embedded Devices Committee Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:30:07 -0600
Colleagues,

I would like to get some feedback from those on this e-mail forum
regarding a possible meeting for the IPC D-53 Embedded Devices
Performance Subcommittee which is tasked with developing the IPC-6017
qualification standard.

IPC is hosting the 3rd International Conference on Embedded Technology
from May 2-4 2006 in Chelmsford, MA.

The technical conference runs May 3rd through 12PM on Thursday, May 4th.
There is room availability from 1PM - 5PM that afternoon of the 4th for
a D-53 standards development meeting.

What I want to know from members of this EmbeddedNet forum is whether
there are enough people that are planning to attend this technical
conference who see value in holding a face-to-face D-53 meeting that
would be of more benefit than the normal, monthly teleconferences being
held for this subcommittee.  If the monthly teleconferences are
sufficient, then that's fine.  If there is added value in setting up an
interim face-to-face meeting in addition to the regular teleconferences,
we can set something up.

Any meeting would focus on the build of the electrical performance
requirements for embedded passives as well as outlining potential
testing concepts and sampling frequencies for embedded passive devices
that would allow us to develop a test coupon design for IPC-6017.

I am looking for responses by the close of Tuesday, March 14th.

Information on this technical conference is available at www.ipc.org
under "Calendar" for May 2006.

Regards,

John Perry