EMBEDDEDNET Archives

September 2006

EmbeddedNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D-50 Embedded Devices Committee Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:02:32 -0400
1)      Ticer Technologies Opens New Facility; Will Market TCRŽ Resistor
Foil Under Exclusive Licensing Agreement
CHANDLER, Ariz., Sept. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Ticer Technologies, a
manufacturer and marketer of TCRŽ thin film embedded resistor foil,
announced today that it is officially open for business in its new
production and testing facility. The company will sell TCRŽ under an
exclusive license from Nippon Mining & Metals (NMM).
Ticer Technologies was formed in March 2006 by a group of former Gould
executives. The business is managed by President David P. Burgess,
Director of Manufacturing & Quality Craig Hasegawa, Director of Technical
Marketing Rocky Hilburn and Director of Research & Development Dr.
Jiangtao Wang. The Ticer Technologies management team has nearly five
years experience related to TCRŽ and a collective 60 years of experience
related to copper foil and printed circuit boards.
The company will manufacture and market the TCRŽ product from its new
8,700-square-foot facility located at 2555 West Fairview St., Suite 101,
Chandler, Arizona, 85224. It has machinery and laboratory equipment used
to support the TCRŽ product and service customers.
?Our customers experienced uninterrupted service during our facility
build-out and we ensured supply capability during the transition,? Burgess
said. ?During the next quarter, we will complete the last phase of our new
facility. It?s worth noting, there are no changes in the primary
manufacturing supply chain for TCRŽ. Just the finishing and laboratory
components were moved,? he said.
Burgess said Ticer Technologies retains a separate but collaborative
relationship with NMM as it has a strong technical base in metals and
sputtering targets, which is vital in the development of new resistor
products. Ticer Technologies and NMM will leverage their combined
strengths to grow TCRŽ in North America, Europe, Japan and Southeast Asia.
TCRŽ thin film resistor foil was developed to meet the ever increasing
challenges of packaging high speed, high density electronic devices.
Integrating passive components into the circuit board using TCRŽ foil can
quickly and reliably improve electrical performance and give designers the
edge they need. Currently, information regarding the TCRŽ product,
including design aids, can be found at the Gould web site, www.gould.com.
Soon, this information will be transferred to Ticer?s new web site at
www.ticertechnologies.com.
Nippon Mining & Metals Co., Ltd. produces electrodeposited copper foil,
rolled annealed copper foil, and sputtered adhesiveless flex laminate for
the rigid and flex printed circuit board industry. It also produces
sputtering targets for semiconductor applications, flat panel displays and
data storage devices.
Source: Ticer Technologies