EMBEDDEDNET Archives

February 2006

EmbeddedNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Michael G Luke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D-50 Embedded Devices Committee Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Michael G Luke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:03:15 -0600
I will be on travel and unable to participate.

Mike Luke

Raytheon

             Dennis Fritz

             <dfritz@MACDERMID

             .COM>                                                      To

             Sent by:                  [log in to unmask]

             EmbeddedNet                                                cc

             ORG>                                                  Subject

                                       [EM] Embedded Passive Users Group

                                       call - tomorrow, February 22

             02/21/06 12:40 PM

             Please respond to

               D-50 Embedded

             Devices Committee

                   Forum

               ORG>; Please

                respond to

               Dennis Fritz

             <dfritz@MACDERMID

                   .COM>

Here is the agenda I have drafted for the call tomorrow.   Sorry that two

speaker efforts have fallen through for tomorrow, but we need to follow up

on Expo/Apex, and we can discuss the industry input to the iNEMI roadmap

for 2006 from their product emulator groups.  I will try to post that input

to the EPUG site by tomorrow mid morning.   Just as food for thought, here

are two recent Japanese announcements that we can discuss, also.  I have

more on the Casio presentation and will post it by tomorrow, also.

5.        DNP - Dai Nippon Printing (Major printing company in Japan) 2/8

Has started the industry first volume production of the embedded passive

multi-layer boards produced by Bt2 technology.

Dai Nippon to Make PC Boards Embedded with Passive Devices

Tokyo, Jan. 17 (Jiji Press)--Dai Nippon Printing Co. said Tuesday that it

will begin in April mass-producing printed circuit boards embedded with

passive devices, such as capacitors and resistors.

The first domestic mass production of parts-embedded PC boards is in

response to the need for smaller digital devices, such as mobile phones,

notebook computers and digital still cameras.

The new product, for instance, can reduce the size of a fingerprint

identification module by 20 pct, the company said.

The company will initially produce 20 million units a month at its Kuki

plant in Saitama Prefecture, north of Tokyo. It is targeting sales of one

billion yen for fiscal 2006 starting in April.

9.        Casio (Major electronics company in Japan) 2/8

Will organize a new technical consortium “EWLP (Embedded Wafer Level

Package)” with CMK to expand the applications.

[attachment "Agenda - Embedded Passive Call 2 22 06.doc" deleted by Michael

G Luke/US/Raytheon]