DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Adam Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:16:17 -0300

Hi,

I'm working on creating a new IPC-7351 compliant footprint library and I
have been finding some conflicting information. I have been using two
different footprint calculators and I discovered that the calculators name
the same footprints differently with regards to height. For example; a
capacitor with a height of 0.7mm is named "RESC4532X70N" by one calculator
and named "RESC4532X07N" by the other. And a capacitor with a height of
1.5mm would be named "RESC4532X150N" by one calculator would be named
"RESC4532X15N" by the other. Which one is correct? I can't seem to find it
in the standard.

Thanks,
Adam