DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ed Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:10:20 -0400
Hello Fellow Designers in the Ottawa area!

It is our pleasure to announce that, at long last, the Ottawa Area is taking
the first steps in setting up an IPC Designers Council Chapter.

Over the past several years we have discussed the possibility of forming
such a group and the time has finally arrived!

We will be holding a kick-off meeting at Dy-4 Systems Inc. on Wednesday
August 15,2001, from 6pm until about 8pm to provide you with information
outlining the benefits of forming and joining the council.

Our guest speaker for the evening will be Gary Ferrari from the IPC Council
who will discuss the formation of the group, and the Designers Certification
Examination which is also being held that week ( go to
<http://www.ipc.org/html/fsrelated.htm> and follow the designers council
link
for more information).
It is our hope to have a series of seminars set up by that time featuring a
local board shop (maybe a tour) and local and international guest speakers
in our field.

If you have any ideas that might help attract other designers to this group
please forward them to us at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

If you know of any other designers that may be interested in joining, please
forward this message onto them (and copy us). If you are not interested in
the designers council please let me know and I will remove you from this
distribution list.

For other information please see out homepage at...
<http://www.ipc.org/ottawa/index.html>
our email address....... [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
regards
co-chairs ..... Ed Murphy and Jackie O'Grady

ps...
we are hoping to have some of our cook's famous pizza available so please if
you are coming let us know so we have enough!

E.J. (Ed) Murphy x C.I.D.
Dy4 Systems Inc.
Tel: (613)599-9199 (EXT 521) e-mail: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Customer First, Quality Always

PLEASE RESPOND TO THE [log in to unmask] EMAIL ADDRESS!!