DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Gary M. Koven" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:56:17 -0400
We have a high volume application that will require a printed circuit board
with a hot bar soldered FFC about 3" long attached to it.  The other end of
this FFC will plug into a 0.5mm pitch ZIF connector.

There is plenty of information on how to dimension the FFC fingers to enter
the ZIF connector but we have yet to find any guidelines on FFC finger
geometry for hot bar soldering.  The assembly is very tight and we would
want the hot bar solder area to intrude into the PCB area as little as
possible.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

TIA and Best Regards,