DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Matthew Lamkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:54:11 +0100
I must admit, that despite not doing it for years, because of reasons I read or discovered from the assembly department. I have started doing it now though, but only where the gap is big enough to drive a double decker
bus through... :-)

I won't go between a resistor or cap of below 1206, electrolytic caps only if I really need to.
AFAIK With electrolytic caps it's because they can leak underneath & erode the hidden track.
But I have never come across that, so I pay it little attention these days, just prefer not to
route between the pads if it can be helped.

I have found that these days, given how much better they are at it the assembly dept does
not have any problems as long as I follow my normal track/pad design rules etc.

Matthew.