DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Steve Kingdon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 08:27:41 +1200
Hi,

Could someone enlighten me as to the potential problems of having reflowed
paste under the body of an IC. I am assuming if the paste contacted the
body of the IC, problems could occur...., but what sort of problems.

We have one case where we have a SO8 inside a SO8W package. This was done
by engineers at my company, before they had PCB designers. I looked at it,
and didn't like it much. I asked our factory about it, but they have no
concerns, so I left it alone.

Regards,

Steve