DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
John Woodford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:29:28 GMT
Chris,
This sounds very similar to a problem we had.  The board
worked when the main chip was in a socket, but when soldered
down, it only worked when the chip was pressed down.  Our
first thought was that it was a warpage problem with the PCB
but it turned out to be a packaging problem with the chip
itself.  We got a new package for the chip and it worked
with the same PCBs that had failed earlier.
Just a possibility to consider.
John Woodford