DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2011

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Johnson, Joseph" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 12:12:19 -0400
Usually this type of board was done only with Chem1 style boards because
the fiberglass content was so low that it didn't dull the dies.  I have
seen very odd shaped boards in the past that goes on the armature of
electric motors.

	As like John Tafe said this was more widely done in the 80's and
90's than it is today however there are a few board shops that still can
do this work, but it will only be profitable for you if you are building
3 to 4 thousand panels a month.

	It would be better to use the mouse bite type routed board if
you need a multilayer FR-4 board though.

	Joe J.