DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ezequiel Cruz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:40:14 -0700

I personally dont like ORCAD. For various reasons but the most obvious one
you will
encounter is that it is not user friendly at all. You have to go through
several spreadsheets
to do something that presently takes three or four clicks with PADS.

I have used various layout and capture software(liscensed and trial
software), and find that the
most simple and easy to  use including back-annotating is PADS layout and
capture software.

I professionally dont have a choice as to which software we use since our
company initiated
the transition from PADS to ORCAD. We are stuck with it. PADS will be used
mainly to sustain
the existing designs we have in PADS.

Something to think about.

Regards,
Ezequiel Cruz
Sr. PCB Designer
ANTEC

Tom Kropski <[log in to unmask]> on 01/06/99 09:19:32 AM

Please respond to "DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum."
      <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to Tom Kropski