DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Jack C. Olson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:18:33 -0600
Hey Susy!

Didn't mean to "burn ya" by recommending the EMI !!!

seeya next week,

Jack

Susy Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
03/23/2006 10:44 AM
Please respond to
"(Designers Council Forum)" <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [DC] Upcoming IPC workshop you can't miss!

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 04/22/2006        Retention
Category:  G90 - General Matters/Administration

Sorry all.... I meant to respond just to Kitty with that note.
Susy

> From: Susy Webb <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2006/03/23 Thu AM 10:40:37 CST
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [DC] Upcoming IPC workshop you can't miss!
>
> Hi Kitty,
>
> As a speaker at those two events, I am a little prejudiced as to what
you should attend.... grin!
> However, all are good topics with a lot of information to be presented
in each of the classes. I think the real question is what area will help
you the most with your present knowledge base and job. The full day
classes will obviously go into much more depth and detail than any
presentations that can be given in one hour. But you will get a taste of
all the topics in the Friday class.

> I hope this helps a little!
> Susy
>

> > From: Kitty Hines <[log in to unmask]>
> > Date: 2006/03/23 Thu AM 08:40:49 CST
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: Re: [DC] Upcoming IPC workshop you can't miss!
> >
> > I would like opinions on this.  I won't be able to attend all of these
workshops even though I'd like to.  There is a Designers Symposium on
April 21st that will have 1 hour presentations from each of these same
presenters.  If you could only attend one of the 4 events, which one do
you think would be more informative for an experienced Senior Designer
looking to gain more knowledge on these topics (Black Magic, Signal
Integrity, Controlling EMI).
> > Thanks in advance for your advice.
> > Kitty

Tina
> > Nerad
> > Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:13 PM
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> > Subject: [DC] Upcoming IPC workshop you can't miss!
> >

> > IPC - Association Connecting Electronics Industries is hosting 4
> > workshops in April.  Don't miss the opportunity to further enhance
your
> > knowledge regarding these topics:
> >
> > Base Material Basics:  Manufacture and Market
> >
> > April 11, 2006 - Bannockburn, IL
> >

> > www.ipc.org/calendar/2006/BaseMatl_0406/BaseMatl_4.06.htm
> >

> > All grades of base materials used in printed boards from low-cost,
> > paper-based (FR-1) to high-speed/high-frequency PTFE will be analyzed
in
> > this course. Specific attention will be given to base materials
> > compatible with lead free assembly.
> >

> > The Black Magic of Layer Count Prediction in High Density Design
> >
> > April 18, 2006 - Bannockburn, IL
> >

> > www.ipc.org/calendar/2006/BlkMagic_406/BlkMag_0406.htm
> >

> > Often designers are faced with the challenge of estimating how many
> > conductive layers a particular board design will require. This course
> > will provide the expertise needed to determine layer count for high
> > density design.
> >

> > Designing With Your Thumbs
> >
> > April 19, 2006 - Bannockburn, IL
> >

> > www.ipc.org/calendar/2006/Desgnyourthumbs_406/DesgnYourThumbs_406.htm
> >

> > Have you wished someone would compile a list of all the general rules
> > for laying out different kinds of boards? How about having a place to
go
> > for all of the guidelines for routing, planes, stackup, high speed,
EMI
> > and more? This course will provide general "rules of thumb" for the
ways
> > things should be done and how to achieve successful board designs.
> >

> > Signal Integrity Control in for High Speed Circuits
> >
> > April 20, 2006 - Bannockburn, IL
> >

> > http://www.ipc.org/calendar/2006/SigInt_0406/SigInt_0406.htm
> > <http://www.ipc.org/calendar/2006/SigInt_0406/SigInt_0406.htm>
> >

> > This course is a compete introduction to the concepts needed in high
> > speed circuit and printed circuit design to ensure success with
designs
> > utilizing today's and tomorrow's fast and ultra fast ICs.  Don't miss
> > this opportunity to learn more about Signal Integrity Control in for
> > High Speed Circuits.

in
> > the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF DesignerCouncil.
> > To temporarily stop/(restart) delivery of DesignerCouncil send: SET
DesignerCouncil NOMAIL/(MAIL)
> > Search previous postings at: www.ipc.org > On-Line Resources &
Databases > E-mail Archives
> > Please visit IPC web site

> > **This transmission may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained
herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you
received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender
and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format. Thank you.**