DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ron Olinyk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:21:29 -0500
I'm no soldering expert but is it possible that if the reflow profile was
borderline, the larger body might 'insulate' the unused paste area
underneath by several degrees causing it to remain in a semi-paste state
and over time, contaminate or migrate into other areas of the board? -Just
a wild thought... And shouldn't there be an IPC spec to cover this sort of
thing?
Ron Olinyk, CID
Mindlink Technologies