DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:18:55 -0700
Thanks Gary,

That's what I thought, but Jack had me wondering there for a moment...

I really appreciate the folks who make the effort to see that we have a
presence at the PCB Design related events... The outreach effort to
introduce designers that have not found out about the Designers Council is
really the primary benefit from being there... I know at least it was for
me, otherwise I may never have run across the Designers Council.... that's
where I first learned of it at PCB West in 2000, and I have been designing
boards since 1973.

We are putting together an event for our local area on May 2nd at the Del
Mar Race Track where we will have our chapter meeting... I'll announce the
subject matter and presenter soon... it promises to be a really great
meeting.

There's also a little known secret that the first day, May 2nd, of the Del
Mar Electronics show, following the full day's events, they host a free
reception with food and drinks in the Mexican Pavilion... sort of an open
square across from the main registration area with a large Spanish Fountain
in the middle. Large tables are set up with all kinds of food and on either
side of the square there are places to get beer or wine of soft drinks. It's
quite a generous spread.

Many of the vendors will have 'gift drink tickets' (the beer or wine type)
that they hand out to invite visitors to the reception... it turns out to be
a really nice mixer for folks who come to the event and stick around
afterward on Wednesday... I always look forward to seeing my friends there.
Often that is the only time I get to visit with some of the more recluse
local professionals... it's just the way life is...

Our Booth is #124 and we will be sharing it with Palomar College again this
year.

More info on the event is available at http://www.vts.com/delmar/

Best regards,

Bill Brooks