DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 11:45:11 -0800

We have written our own tracking software.  It really is not difficult
to do.  We did it just using a shell/awk script that is activated when
the user logs out.  It asks the user about their activities during that
day, and keeps a running log of comments, hours spent on different processes,
as well as the number of changes during the course of the design.  At the
end of the job (or any time actually), a second script can be run which
will produce a summary report.  This is pretty easy stuff, so why pay
big bucks to an eda vendor for something you can do yourself?

Ken Barrett
Cisco Systems
San Jose CA
408.526.5625