DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2016

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2016 08:14:16 -1000
If you have a note stating 'FAB SHALL BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH IPC 6012 CLASS __ ' , then the copper thickness requirements are per the above callout and don't need to be restated unless you need to take exception to that specific attribute of 6012. Also as a 6012 committee member, I would discourage calling PTH copper plating thickness by weight. Its confusing to fabs and unlike IPC it lacks a min avg thickness callout supplemented by an abs min thickness callout. If you take exception to IPC for PTH thickness it's best to use a linear dimension for thickness rather than weight equivalent.
Sent from my iPhone