DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:10:37 -0500
Gary cleared most of my question up on this but I realized I may have
left out a part.
Again, using IPC2221 Table 6-1, Electrical Conductor Spacing:
For 300v isolation throughout board (non-conformal coated), std
soldermask coated, the spacings requirements would be:
Pad-pad unmasked (B2 column) = 1.25mm
Trace-trace masked (B4 column) = 0.4mm
Lead-lead termination (A6 column) = 0.8mm

OK so far?
Now, what would the spacings requirement be for unmasked pad to masked
trace? Would it be the same as the B4 column or half way between the B2
and B4 values?

Thanks
Ron